Theresa Nacho Montiel
Senior Graphic Designer
I have been told that I am a bit of an apple cart turner. I have been told I am not a force of nature, but “a force of Nacho.” I believe this comes from my strong integrity – that design is a business solution, not just nice pictures. I think that the medium of advertising and marketing can have a greater permeation for a business and a community, and I push myself as an art director to give both visually interesting and market-impacting solutions.
Design can be a tool that solves problems — from sales numbers to a societal issue. I think Jean Kilbourne said it best when she stated, “Ads sell a great deal more than products. They sell values, images, and concepts of success and worth, love and sexuality, popularity and normalcy. They tell us who we are and who we should be.”
- Art direction and team management along with internal and external clientele consultation
- 10+ years experience with Adobe Creative Suite, focusing on Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- 5 years experience with HTML, XHTML, CSS, and WordPress creation and editing
- Trained in Fine and Digital Arts, specializing in vector illustration
Fun Facts About Me:
- I am a retired roller derby girl (aka “derby jerky”) and I currently train in Olympic-style speed skating.
- I am a Native Phoenician and Native American (I am actually a registered Pasqua Yaqui Indian).
- I respect our “dry heat” and that we don’t have to shovel sunshine.
- My hope is that someday our downtown’s mantra will be “Keep Phoenix Weird.”
- Roller skating, “have skates, will travel”
- The theatre! I am a season ticket holder to the Phoenix Theatre
- David Bowie (RIP)