Happy Independence Day from all of us at Eminent SEO!
Here in Arizona it can be hard to find fun family activities to beat the heat, so Star put together an awesome list here called “4 Ways to Celebrate the Fourth of July”. How are you planning on celebrating America’s Independence?
5 Things Your Website Needs in 2013
It’s always been important to build a quality site; however, in 2013 it’s more important than ever before! The last several Google algorithm updates have focused on penalizing low quality sites (or sites that practice spamming techniques) and improving organic rankings for sites that are high quality. So, what makes a high quality site? Below is a list of 5 things you can add to your site to ensure its higher quality:
1. Responsive Design – Most websites that were built prior to 2013 were not coded for mobile devices, such as smart phones, tablets, iPads, etc. Now that mobile web search has started taking over a large percentage of search queries, it’s clear that having a site that looks good (and reads well) on any device is important. Responsive design just means that rather than building a separate mobile landing page or site, you simply make your entire site responsive to any type of device. If your site isn’t responsive, now is the time to make the switch.
2. Social Sharing – Yes, you should link to your own company social profiles, if you have them. However, beyond that, you should make your content easy to share on their own social profiles. There are a number or premade social sharing plug-ins for WordPress users, such as the set we use on the Eminent SEO Blog:
If you don’t have a WordPress site, ask your webmaster about adding custom code to make your content easy to share. Not only will you increase your content visibility, but you will dramatically increase your opportunity for link backs and referral traffic.
3. A Blog – Because fresh content is such a large part of Google’s website quality assurance, a blog can be the best and easiest way to give Google what they want. Of course a blog doesn’t work unless you do, so once you install a blog on your site you need to be diligent about keeping it up to date. Google, and the other search engines, are looking for high quality, up to date content to serve up. So, get to writing – or hire someone who can write for you.
4. Images and Video – Content doesn’t have to just mean written word. Content includes anything that you can add to your site to improve your user experience. By adding beautiful, funny or compelling images and informative videos, you are vastly improving your user experience. People don’t read – they look, they watch and they click. Give them what they want and in turn Google will reward you. Happy users stay on the site longer, share your content socially and increase your website authority.
5. A Solid Keyword Strategy – A lot of people think that developing a keyword target list and optimizing your website for these terms is just about SEO. Not the case! Keywords encourage clicks, improve the relevancy of your content for your readers and enhance pay per click marketing strategies. Know your market, research what they are using to find you and make sure your website includes these keywords throughout your content.
Of course these are just a few ideas on how you can improve your website. No matter what you decide to do, focus on your users first and the search engines second. When you improve the quality of your site for your users, Google can’t help but see you as an authority site as well.
Christmas in July
Lucky you! Here at Eminent SEO we think Christmas should come twice a year! Who wants to wait until December to celebrate and save? That is why we are offering you 10% off of ANY new order with us for the month of July. Simply mention this coupon and save!
Connect with us!
You can pretty much find us everywhere, so be sure to connect with us on your favorite social media site… Let’s get social, it’s fun!