What Are B2B Website Conversions?
B2B (business to business) website conversions have become a common marketing tool for many companies. This has been propelled by rising access to the internet globally and the need to increase market penetration for businesses.
A conversion in the context of digital marketing is the rate at which those visiting your website provide you with an opportunity to market to them by filling out your digital forms. Through the forms, visitors share their contact info with you and confirm that they understand you may use the information to market your product(s) and services to them in the future.
What Is the Importance of Having a B2B Website For Your Business?
Businesses are endlessly trying to build their presence online as more and more people are able to access the internet globally. If you aim to develop and grow a successful business online, you can find some of the resources provided for free online.
The Benefits of a B2B Website Include:
- You are able to increase your customer base: A B2B website makes it possible for your business to analyze customer trends and incorporate strategies to convert new visitors into customers. More conversions will translate to more sales and eventually an increase in overall sales.
- It helps improve your marketing strategies and overall brand: This becomes possible when you develop pages and products that meet the individual needs of each potential customer. This strategy is critical in increasing the conversion rate for your business.
- It makes your business scalable: B2B websites will make it possible for your business to improve its marketing strategies and align them with market demands. This can be achieved through creation of new sales channels for emerging market segments.
What Steps Can You Take to Optimize Your B2B Website Conversions?
The adoption of internet marketing has been booming as its efficiency, cost and effectiveness have proven to be worthwhile, and seemingly every business is investing in this new trend. Digital marketing can be effective if you are able to direct traffic to your website to convert those visitors into customers.
What Are the Strategies You Should Use to Optimize Your B2B Website Conversions?
- You should rework your product or service offers: Every person enjoys getting a product or service at a reasonable or discounted rate. You should look at the offers you are providing to your potential customers and evaluate whether they are the best deals you can provide. You could also come up with other ways to make the offer more tempting. Under the offers you are providing, determine whether you have positioned them well on your website; offers should highlight the best deal for you to attract more customers. If the offer price does not seem captivating to customers, consider revising it.
- You should focus more on your product’s benefits and not features: The common mistake that you are likely to make is putting an emphasis on the product’s features without focusing on the benefits of these features. To avoid the mistake, you have to design your business based on the solutions or insights that you intend to bring your customers. Your product’s features will have little meaning to a potential customer compared to highlighting the benefits of those features or the customers’ problems that the product could solve. You should use the product’s features as an attention grabber that attracts more people to your website, and the benefits of your product should play the role of converting website visitors into customers.
- You should target high-quality leads: Focusing on a wide range of leads may not necessarily lead to more conversions. Instead, it may even increase the cost of marketing. You should always ensure that the methods that you employ currently to generate leads should be able to attract the right people. You can have a higher conversion rate if you are able to funnel more high-quality leads without making any changes to the marketing strategies. You should always analyze your previous target market, see its achievements and then determine if there is a need for improvement to make it more efficient.
- You should consider retargeting your audience: Many businesses always want to increase financial spending to increase the number of leads, although this strategy is not always effective. You should consider directing more finances to those who have already traveled partially into your sales funnel, as this increases the chances of achieving more conversions. Focusing on retargeting marketing strategies is likely to be persuasive to those already in the sales funnel and increase their conversion into customers over time.
- Always watch what competitors are doing: Changing your strategies can be determined by what your competitors are doing, and this can help you know the new trend in your industry. If you think your competitors are getting it right, you should consider monitoring how they walk their leads down the sales funnel, their pricing strategies, their webpage designs, and other marketing strategies. To know more about your competitors’ strategies, you can always follow them on social media, sign up for their newsletters and frequently visit their websites.
- Ensure that your customers can trust you: Online marketing is based on trust and how you earn it from your potential and current customers. Getting a stranger to trust you can be a cumbersome affair. Building trust requires you to work on your credibility over time. You can increase your credibility through providing customer testimonials on your website, listing your previous customers and providing satisfactory guarantees as a way of earning your potential customer’s trust. This is likely to lead to more conversions over time, as more people will start having trust in your business.
What Are the Limitations of B2B Website Conversions?
- Always remember that high B2B website conversion rates do not translate to high performance: Rates and actual numbers can differ greatly. As such, you should focus on the raw numbers more than the rates. For instance, if you have low visits and conversions are high, the conversion rate can be high while the sales numbers are relatively low. Meanwhile, someone with high visits can have low conversion rates, but the sales will still be substantial.
- This method assumes that all visits to your website have the potential to convert, and this can be misleading: You are likely to get new visits to your website from people who do not intend to purchase a certain product but are interested in the product’s features.
- Chances are that when you grow your site, the conversion rates will decrease: When your site grows, the number of visits will increase and the number of sales will increase, but the conversion rate is likely to go down.
Many firms have come to appreciate the role of technology in product and service marketing, since a majority of traditional strategies are no longer reliable. You can take the steps listed above to optimize your B2B website and ensure that you achieve high conversions.
Note: This is a guest blog post written by Helen Cartwright.
See more from Helen at http://www.helencartwright.com/.