You must have heard about the newest social addiction Pinterest. If you haven’t, let me give you a lil insight as to why you need to jump on this ‘pin’ board (if you will) of a network. According to Pinterest, “Pinterest is an online pinboard. Organize and share things you love.” People are utilizing their pinboards to collectively organize DIY projects, plan their weddings, put together motivational quotes and so much more.
So you’re wondering, Why do I need a Pinterest account for my business? Let us tell you.
With every social networking site, there are a variety of benefits when it comes to utilizing the obvious: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. Here are a few reasons why you should be amped to get your company and brand on Pinterest.
- Link Building- each “Pin” and “Repin” creates a link back to the image source. Hello to building traffic!
- Keywords- Use keywords to describe these boards- GO SEO!
- Brand Management in the SERPS- you’re securing the vanity URL www.pinterest.com/yourbrandname which boosts your search engine optimization efforts and will allow your profile to show up for branded search results
- Building a Repoire- as you “Pin” images from your boards or website that are being shared within your network, other Pinterest users are sharing their love and support for your product and/or brand with their networks.
- Brand Awareness- essentially every “Like”, “Pin”, and “Repin” is shared within the category that’s been chosen for it, as well as the network of the individuals who may have “Pinned” the image.
So how can you be a Pinterest addict like the rest of us?
At the moment Pinterest is on an “Invite Only” basis. You can request an invite directly from Pinterest.com, but you may end up waiting awhile or you can comment on this post with your email and we will send you over an invite from our Eminent SEO Pinterest account, so you can join instantly!
Pinterest Etiquette to Keep in Mind
- Create a few boards: rather having one board, it’s best practice to make a few that cover a spectrum of topics and/or interests
- Don’t get greedy: Pinterest does not like vain brands who just self-promote. “Pin” and “Repin” from multiple sources.
- Don’t forget to “Repin”: this is the networking side of Pinterest. It’s the best way to build up your network of followers and engage with others.
- When possible Pin from the original source: giving credit where it’s due is vital and shows that you are a great resource.
- Pin from permanent links: nothing is worse than clicking a link that’s now non-existent. Make sure you are Pinning links that aren’t going anywhere.
- Get the “Pin It” button for your browser: this will make Pinning on the web that much easier and seamless!
Hopefully this gave a lil more insight as to how Pinterest works and why it’s soo important for you and your brand to get involved. Need an invite? Have your own thoughts about the site? Need us to set-up a Pinterest account for you? Be sure to leave us your comment below !