Give ‘Em Something to Chat About
More and more website owners are infusing their site with live chat tools. This is an especially smart choice for websites with service and product offerings. The potential ROI is just too enticing to pass up.
A web chat pop-up feature might seem like a minor annoyance at first – to both you and your visitors – but studies are showing that this feature helps more than it harms.
Among the many benefits of adding a chat feature to a website, consider:
- It helps build a more memorable brand experience.
- It gives visitors a place to turn if they get stuck and need any questions answered quickly. In other words, it improves your customer service.
- You can offer visitors special deals and deliver price quotes in real time through the chat module.
- It gives you a sense of which pages and products that users are visiting most when they reach out with questions.
- It allows you to consolidate your resources: You can have one person manage multiple chats at once, and you can develop canned responses to common questions.
- You can use it as a lead-nurturing tool. HubSpot says 99% of first-time website visitors aren’t ready to buy. You can nudge them closer to purchase by chatting with them directly.
At Eminent SEO, web chat is just one component of a comprehensive marketing campaign we can develop for your business.
Live Chat Feature Takeaway[clickToTweet tweet=”The beauty in adding live web chat to your website is that it provides a vehicle for consumer engagement, bringing a true and unique user experience at the precise moment you have their attention.” quote=”The beauty in adding live web chat to your website is that it provides a vehicle for consumer engagement, bringing a true and unique user experience at the precise moment you have their attention.”]
Why Adding a Web Chat Feature to Your Website Gives You a Market Advantage
Business & Marketing Tips: The Best Live Chat Software for YOUR Website
If you answer yes to any of these three questions, then your website is a good candidate for a new chat feature:
- Do you sell goods/services on your site?
- Does your website attract a community that would benefit from more engagement?
- Are you (or somebody at your company) available to respond to chat inquires regularly?
The best web chat software for your site will depend on your website goals and your budget. For some small businesses, it makes sense to focus more on simplicity and ease of use, while other, more technical companies might want a more robust offering that can serve as more than just a live web chat platform.
In our chart below, our criteria heavily favors software whose primary purpose is providing live customer support, rather than helpdesk/tech support or serving as a team chat or CMS platform. The chart features of 11 of the top web chat products to consider for your website.
Click on the image below to see a larger version. Please note that we have no affiliation with any of the following products; we just want to help you make an informed decision.
Web chat is just one piece of the larger marketing puzzle. You need to take a multi-channel marketing approach. This means leveraging your website, social media, email, Google My Business, PPC and several other direct and indirect “channels” in order to interact with prospects and encourage them to take a specific action.