Here's the audio version of this post:
Keeping your dynamic business page fresh and engaged should be a priority. Here’s Why.
Do you have a Google My Business page? If so, you likely already know that it is a boon for your Local SEO. But are you leveraging it to its full potential?
Like any other aspect of running your business, maintaining your Google My Business Page can require a lot of time and effort – but it is well worth it. Since most customers see information about your business via Google and GMB, it is essential to update and monitor your page as frequently as necessary.
Why Update Your GMB Page?
To the casual, local user, GMB is the destination central for learning more about your business, including directions, reviews, and even looking at photos of your establishment and products or services. For some industries, such as hotels, GMB allows you to look at services and available amenities that people can see directly in their Google Maps app.
Since GMB is constantly evolving, it is important to continually monitor your business page and provide updates frequently. Here’s why:
- You want people to find you. GMB is one of the single most important factors when it comes to people looking for your business locally. Making sure your content is optimized for search and that you have accurate location data is essential.
- You want (good) reviews. Your customer reviews and rankings help affect your online reputation as well as how well you rank. Addressing fake or spam-like reviews through consistent monitoring will only help.
- GMB updates its algorithms frequently. Google is always adding new features that can help your local SEO. Knowing what these are and making updates to your listings accordingly will help you stay ahead of the curve.
- You can use GMB to increase conversions. Updating your listing to reflect short-term sales and special events can turn the casual observer into a paying customer.
So how often should you update your GMB page, exactly? There is no ideal answer, though most experts will recommend searching for big changes or spammy reviews daily. For business owners who don’t have enough time to monitor their own listings, that’s where we come in. 🙂
We can help keep your listing and fresh and as up-to-date as possible.
Prefer a phone call? Dial 1.800.871.4130
Marketing Tips & News
“Businesses that monitor and update their GMB pages have a distinct advantage over those that do not.” – Adam Dorfman, Search Engine Land
From the Eminent Team
Our approach is simple: Help our clients to attract leads, convert customers and create brand promoters with strategic website marketing services, including…
Local Marketing Services
Local marketing doesn’t stop at adding geographical locations to your keywords. Successful engagement with the community as a whole can represent priceless opportunities to solidify your growing brand and draw in new customers. Whether it’s connecting with regional business organizations or coverage by local news organizations, Eminent SEO can offer the local marketing services that help your company expand its reach.
- Google My Business Optimization and Management
- Premium Yelp Business Listings
- Local Citation and Review Development